Send to a friend
Subscribe To Our Site
Human Affect Events
Weekly Press Engagements Begins, July 18th - October 3rd, 2013
New Member Training, August 2nd - 3rd, 2013
"International Youth Summer Hot Spot Connect for Peace and Reconciliation, July 24th - Sept. 24, 2013, 11am - 3pm
HAAHU "Youth UN Human Rights Arts Summer Camp", August 18th - 31st , 2013 - New York, NY
UN General Assembly "International Day of Peace HAAHU Youth Summit, "September 20th - 23rd, 2013
HAAHU "Youth Peace Ambassador" and "Youth Excellence" Graduation and Reception, October 5th, 2013
"Celebrating 50th Anniversary of OAU"
Twitter Follow Button
Google +1 Button
Human Affect is Green and this is our Scene!
<div id='imonomyContainer' />
GREEN SCENE is the newest aspect of Human Affect AD HOC UNIT’s “Policy in Action”. We are a crisis recovery initiative working toward a conscience transformation towards sustainable living, and that starts with our daily practices.
We are making daily choices and transformations to achieve our goal of Economic, Social, and Ecological Sustainability. It begins with each of us! Here are some ways that Human Affect is going green:
- We've stopped using business cards! We now email our business cards, instead of printing them and creating extra paper waste.
- We conduct almost all of our invitations and flier communication online. This saves hundreds of sheets of paper per event!
- If we do need to print we only print in black and white, and with green printers.
- We are in the process of creating "Green Scene" mugs to cut down on coffee cup waste within our own organization and at the UN cafeterias.
- At all of our events registration and email lists take place completely via online sign ups, instead of wasting paper with sign up sheets.
These are just a few ways to be help sustain our planet, but there are thousands of others. Be creative, and make your scene green!
Take a critical look at what your doing every day, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Reusable water bottles and coffee cups
- Plant a garden or a tree
- Properly dispose of electronic waste
- Turn off your lights whenever you leave a room, and use natural sunlight during the day
- Use green household cleaning products and chemicals
- Reuse things you already own in new ways
If you are Green pledge with Human Affect to be infectious with your
"Green Best Practice"!
Help inspire others by sending us an email with your best creative green practice to [email protected] and we'll post it on the website!
Lets partner to rid our planet of bad unsustainable practices. We first must began with ourselves!